Monday, September 28, 2009

Celebrating My Birthday

Do you like celebrating your own birthday? I believe most of you will surely answer that question with ‘Yes’ along with cheers and smile or maybe laugh, happiness laugh. To tell you the truth, my answer will be very much different with most people. My answer will be ‘No’. I do not like celebrating my own birthday, with all that noise, crowds, foods, drinks, and of course money will be spent.

But above all that, my concern by saying I do not like it is because actually my birthday is the day I gave my dearest person a tremendous pain and sorrow, and make her risking her own life to bring me into the world. She would give up her own life for you, you know. Then, would I do celebrate the day I gave her pain? It’s surely not, definitely not, is it? I couldn’t, could I? Would I make her reminiscing herself an awful memory? Am I that bad child, bad son?


I am not saying anybody celebrating his/her own birthday is a bad child to their parent. No, it’s not at all. But I will consider myself a bad child and a bad son if I do celebrate that.

That day, I would rather do celebrate my mother’s love, how much she loves me, she fought for me, to bring me into this world alive, save and sound, healthy and happy. Remember nine months while she carried you in her, how you had make her life miserable. And once you are delivered, you again put her in a very in secure and discomfort life, by crying all the time, days and nights. She forgot about her own life, and sometime her beloved one also, which is her husband and your father. She takes good care of you all the time in the world, and she sometime have to choose you over him. She did that because you were very vulnerable and definitely you need her to help you in everything.
There you are, another yeas passed by until you were able to do so many thing on your own. Till the day you are now, it’s countless how much your mother’s tears and ‘sweat’ gone for you.

Do yourself a favor, on your own birthday; give something special to your mother. Not an ordinary thing, but a special thing. Bring yourself to her, do something good for her, help her in a way you could. Please her and above all, shower her with your love. Because she is special to you, she is very special in every way to you.


Celebrate your mother love, not yourself. Love your mother; Love her every single day of your life. Remember, she won’t be around that long, she will, as anyone else, leave you behind one day. Before that day, fill her life with joy, happiness, and love, as she did, she has been doing, and she will always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment